Here’s a helpful resource and landing page for Design Week 2019 panel titled “Designing for the Ear: The Best of Podcasts and Audio Storytelling.” More information about the panel can be found here and here.
Panelists & Moderator:
- Dmae Roberts (@dmaeroberts), 2-time Peabody Award-winning producer of Crossing East
- Kaitlin Prest (@kaitlinprest) of The Heart (Radiotopia) and The Shadows (CBC)
- Leah Sottile (@Leah_Sottile) of Bundyville (a collaboration with OPB & Longreads)
- Peter Frick-Wright (@frickwright) of Outside Online
- Andrew DeVigal (@drewvigal) of Listeners Podcast (UO-SOJC’s Agora Journalism Center)
Because we’ll be spending much of the panel focused on some advanced techniques in audio storytelling, we’ve provided some foundational information to get you started in launching a podcast:
- Transom’s Creating a Home Studio
- Transom’s Software
- Hosting and Distribution
We’ll update this page to reflect any additional resources and helpful information that comes up before and during the DWP19 event.